White House on Tuesday condemned mass stabbing attacks that left at least 10 people dead and 18 injured in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan this weekend.
“It is senseless and devastating … Our thoughts are with the victims of this horrific attack. We stand with Canada, our ally and neighbor and all those affected by this tragedy and condemn this senseless violence,” said White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre at a press conference.
On Monday, Canadian police confirmed they found the body of one of two brothers wanted for Sunday’s stabbing attack.
Damien Sanderson, 31, was found dead with injuries that did not appear to be self-inflicted, said Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
He was found in James Smith Cree Nation, an indigenous community of about 3,400 people.
Damien, 31, had been charged with one count of first-degree murder and Myles Sanderson, 30, with three counts of first-degree murder. They also face charges of attempted murder and break-and-enter and more charges are expected to be laid, police said.
Police have so far provided no motive for the murder spree.
Source: Anadolu Agency