In France, workers have withdrawn the strike notice for the next weekend, including New Year, the national railway operator SNCF said on Friday, according to local media.
Earlier this week, train inspectors demanding higher wages and better recognition refused to withdraw the strike notice for the first holiday weekend on Dec. 23-25.
Government officials massively criticized the decision – which will affect around 200,000 passengers during Christmas – and considered it irresponsible.
The SNCF management on Thursday evening suggested additional measures for the controllers to prevent the strikes planned for the second holiday weekend on Dec. 30-Jan. 1.
Workers unions accepted on Friday the measures offered and withdrew the strike notice for the next weekend, local media reported, quoting an SNCF statement.
"All the conditions are now set for all the controllers to return to work and for the company to meet again its passengers," the SNCF said.
Source: Anadolu Agency