Five advisors of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) MPs have been in custody since November 11. Their testimonies still haven’t been received as their detention enters its 10th day.
Of the detained advisors, Olcay Çelik has been on hunger strike for over 10 days. His fellows from Boğaziçi University where he is doing his doctorate released a support message.
Çelik is also one of the signatories of the declaration entitled “We will not be a party to this crime”.
Speaking to bianet, attorney Kenan Maçoğlu said their detention period was extended arbitrarily.
Those who were taken into custody during house raids in Ankara and Diyarbakır on November 11 are as follows:
- Olcay Çelik, the advisor of detained HDP Co-Chair Figen Yüksekdağ.
- Muhammed Kaya, the advisor of Diyarbakır MP Ziya Pir who was released on probation.
- Party Group Consultant Zülküf Kurt
- Van MP Nadir Yıldırım’s advisor Murat Dökdağ
- Mardin MP Mithat Sancar’s advisor Metin Kumek. (BK/TK)